Planning a party can be stressful if you don’t start your planning early. By managing your time well and creating a to-do list, it definitely save all your headache. Here’s the time frame and checklist for your reference.
6 weeks before
- Decide your date, time and venue.
- Choose a theme for your party.
- Set a budget and make sure the estimation is realistic.
- Figure out a way to make your party unforgettable, example cook some special dish, set some entertainments or use decorations to wow your attendees.
4 weeks before
- Set a facebook event page to collect attendances or sent out invitation.
- Make sure you have enough cutlery.
- Source for party favors.
- Search for decoration items. If you needed lots of decorative items, you might need a decorator to help you on this.
- Look for a setup company if you need canopy, extra lighting, chairs and tables.
2 weeks before
- Confirmed attendance.
- Set a group chat and feature all the attendees in so if you have any changes you can announce through here.
- Create your menu and estimate portion and each dish cooking time.
- Draft a shopping list.
1 weeks before
- Stocked up canned or bottle drinks/foods,party snacks and frozen foods.
- Create a playlist for your party. ( recommend Spotify premium )
- Work on your seating arrangement ( recommend to set a children corner) , party flows etc.
1 day before
- Clean and tidy your party area and washroom.
- Start to decorate according your theme.
- Do groceries shopping. (You can use online groceries shopping example Tesco to deliver your item to your door step)
- Marinate the meat if needed.
- Remind your attendees for tomorrow’s party through group chat and inform them where to park their vehicles.
D day morning
- Chill your drinks.
- Start to make your desserts.
- Prepare all the ingredients and make sauces.
- Setup the table.
- Ready extra garbage and trash bin.
D day Noon & Evening before party
- Start your cooking. ( it might spend most of your noon time )
- Set all your serving cutlery.
- Give yourself at least 30 minutes to freshen up and dressed up.
- Adjust lighting and turn on your playlist.
- Light up your candles if you have any now.
- Set out party snacks.
- Arrange your food on the buffet table.
- Get ready and let the party started!